Wilhelm Putsch began in Remscheid in 1876. In the beginning, the company manufactured circular Saw Blades and Hand Saws for the woodworking industry under their brand "Hundehütte" - dog house - , which remains one of the oldest registered brands in Germany. In 1895, Wilh. Putsch moved to a much bigger factory in Remscheid. That factory still remains our "home" today where the business is run by the fifth generation of the family.
After the Second World War, the Jig saw machine became increasingly popular. Wilh. Putsch saw this as an opportunity, therefore - in 1947 - becamethe first German Company to start manufacturing Jigsaw Blades as an accessory for the Jigsaw.
In 1971, Wilh. Putsch expanded their manufacture by producing Reciprocating/Sabre Saw Blades. Over the coming years, many innovative products with patented designs giving genuine benefits were developed.
In 2001 we continued developing and started to manufacture Bi-Metal Hole Saws as our thirdproduct range of Accessories for Electric Tools.
Today the Wilh. Putsch GmbH & Co. KG stands for one of the most qualified programs for sawing techniques in the field of Accessories for Electric Tools in the market.
This does not only apply to our brand WILPU® but also to the Private Label production for many customers worldwide with whom we enjoy a close and successful relationship.